Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pyranha > H3 235 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for H3 235 Kayak by Pyranha

10-18-2013

I'm an intermediate paddler, 5' 7", 165 lbs. I've paddled over 20 years, including, an RPM, EZ, Hero, Rip(older whitewater version), Nano, Dancer, Mountain 300 and Mamba 8.0. The H235 is probably the best all-arounder. Very good fit with solid, comfortable outfitting. Open cockpit without a center pillar. The plastic is very good, with minor oil canning but no cracks or deep gouges.

It handles like a dream. Carves into eddies and across waves/holes smoothly and inspires confidence. Primary stability is good, Secondary is excellent, Almost as good as the Hero and Mamba. It turns quickly, almost as well as its cousin, the Mountain 300, a full on creeker. So it excels as a creeker. It is also fast, and handles big water well. Its sharp but forgiving chines help to catch and carve up waves. Not as good as the Rip (my favorite surfer) or the Nano, but fine for a creeker/river runner. It even has enough room for overnight gear.

Can't find any real negatives. There may be better "modern" river running kayaks like a Mamba or Hero, but not by much. Usually the outfitting may be better, but the boat design is compatible. Plus the H235 is usually a good deal used, as long as the hull is in good shape. A great boat!

02-14-2008
Submitted by: JCSend Email

3-stars, at least for my application. Bought this boat used on eBay, for what I thought was a great deal. MAKE SURE U GET THE RIGHT SIZE!!! I am too fat for a 235! At 5'10" 190 lbs I am sinking this boat. Its really the length of my legs that screws everything up, moving the seat fully back and pegs fully forward, my center of gravity sucks and boat performance suffers. Because I can't fit in the boat, I'm hesitant to take it where it belongs: class III or better. Regardless, I've tried it plenty on class II and wimpy stuff, and aside of being overloaded with my carcass, it exhibits a refreshing playfulness in active water. It does not like low water rock dragging at all and snags like glue. The outfitting is sufficient (once again, if u fit in it) and it is a pleasure to carry. I have not experienced any of the notorious Pyranha plastic failures I hear so much about. I don't know if I'm lucky or the boat is of a newer generation that addressed the failures. I would love to review a 245, because that's where I belong.

10-25-2004
Submitted by: Jeff WSend Email

I purchased this boat about 3 weeks ago after trying it out once. It is exactly was I was looking for. This boat has incredible outfitting and is very comfortable. This boat also rolls like a dream. I have been nursing a perforated eardrum for the last year. I have been out of the water for a whole year. After I got the OK from my ENT that I was ok, I jumped in an H3 at a demo and performed a roll on the first attempt without having been in a boat for a whole year. Keep in mind that I was a beginner when I hurt my ear and was just learning my roll at the time. Within 1 week I was doing hand rolls in this boat. I couldn't be happier with it.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!