Product Reviews > Kayaks > Cobra Kayaks > Play Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Play Kayak by Cobra Kayaks

Rated: 9.25/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

07-24-2003

I am 14-years-old and this was my first kayak. I've had it about a year and just yesterday I upgraded to the Necky Gannet. This kayak is great! There's lots of room for storage (I got all three hatches), it's lightweight (I could carry it even though I'm not that strong), and the best part is that it is VERY stable and VERY easy to get in and out of. I could launch it and then just walk around the back of it and jump in the seat. One of the only bad parts about the "Play" is that it's pretty slow; I had trouble keeping up with my parents in the conoe most of the time.

10-08-2002
Submitted by: MarkSend Email

Nice entry level boat, but relatively slow (noticably slower than my Scrambler) and not the best tracking boat. Good for smaller paddlers. Also not bad for playing in the waves.

08-16-2000
Submitted by: TimmacSend Email

Boat is ideal for the Guld of Mexico. However, I do find it very slow in calm waters. Very stable and great to snorkel or fish off of. Good sit on top but if you are looking for speed, look elsewhere.

07-11-2000
Submitted by: SPUNSend Email

Just bought the play, very nice boat, fast light very comfortable. Anybody can use it, but works good in surf(L. Ontario) Will update on versatility.

01-22-2000
Submitted by: CharlesSend Email

Bought 1 yr. ago awesome, well made, perfect length, the best compared to anything this size of sit on top.

12-16-1999

We sell 20 Cobra Explorers for every one Play, but the people who buy the Play always love it.

08-05-1999
Submitted by: PeteSend Email

We rent 50 kayaks/day year around. Started using the Cobra Play about a month ago. Youths in the 8 to 15 age group especially love it.

03-18-1999
Submitted by: SonnySend Email

Stable, fast and fun. This kayak is great for surf or flatwater. The hatches allow for plenty of gear. We have two and use them every chance for fishing or paddling around. Easy to transport as well. Kids handle them too, no problem.

Space Trailers :