Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pyranha > H3 245 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for H3 245 Kayak by Pyranha

09-24-2014

I picked up a Pyranha h3-245 early this summer being new to whitewater kayaking. I have kayaked flatwater for 10 years though. So this is the boat I cut my whitewater teeth with.

In my opinion, I couldn't have made a better choice for my first whitewater boat. I have gained confidence because of it's stability. The boat was also the boat I learned to roll with. It's been on II+ and have actually paddled on flatwater for a good distance. (10 miles). While this boat doesn't track well in flat water, it's still my go to boat no matter what I'm facing. If it's flatwater I just know I'm going to be paddling a lot to keep it going straight.. which is what to expect from whitewater boats. But this one tracks a lot better than most other whitewater boats I have tried.

The h3 to me seems bomb proof. I know this is an older boat no longer being manufactured. But if u can pick up a used one I would go for it. I am very happy with mine.

Like I stated above, this boat has given me enough confidence to hang out in 2+ rapids. It should be said that I do have another whitewater boat at this time to compare to: a Dagger Agent. The H3 is much more forgiving and more stable. Things I don't feel comfortable doing with the Dagger I will plow right through with my good 'ole h3.
10+

09-27-2004
Submitted by: Chuck AndersonSend Email

Back into river paddling after a long break, new to "stubby" style boats. At first alot of "sit & spin" after a few times flat water & a few down river trips, very maneuverable, stable & quick, seems like it will be a great "all arounder" for rivers, creeks, surf & play. The outfitting is excellent, at 5'10" 185# it fits like a glove, but exit & entry are easy.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!