Product Reviews > Kayaks > Cobra Kayaks > XL Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for XL Kayak by Cobra Kayaks

Rated: 9.71/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

06-30-2001
Submitted by: FionaSend Email

I received my Cobra XL last year for my birthday and it handles wonderful. I have a large hatch on the back and a small round hatch in the middle. I am having such good fun with mine we are picking up another Cobra this evening for my husband.

12-22-1999
Submitted by: MarkSend Email

I have been using a Cobra XL for a couple of years now. It is 11'7" long and 28.5" wide. It is made out of polyethylene and very durable. I use my XL for surfing and daily work outs at the lake. I am 225 pounds and have not had any problems with it. Cobra makes a great product.

12-16-1999

The XL is very fast but not as stable as the Explorer. A new model is due out in a couple weeks that will be a compromise of the two. You cant go wrong with Cobra products, they perform.

12-08-1999

I have the XL with three hatches, two large (fore and aft) and a center round. I'm 245 and the boat does not sink. It handles great. I set up the boat to fish ( 2 flush mount rod holders and paddle clips) then found a verticle crack at the point of the stern. I called Cobra and they said bring it in and they'll weld it or replace it. I bring it in on Tuesday, they look at it and give me a BRAND NEW boat. New hatches, new handles, extra plugs, and even offered to install my rod holders and paddle clips. This, 3+ years after the sale no questions asked (website says their warranty is one year). I ain't mad at all.

06-18-1999
Submitted by: ShaneSend Email

I have been paddling the XL for about a year and a half. Have enjoyed every outing with the boat. I have paddled everything from very calm lakes to class 2+ rapids (not a great idea). The XL handles very well in mild chop and tracks very well in the calm. I, also, am over 200 lbs. and find the XL to be very good at handling the weight.

05-16-1999
Submitted by: BryanSend Email

I love it. Have tried others (Aquaterra,Ocean,Old Towne) and find that the XL handles very well. I'm 215 lbs and the boat is one of the few in this class which can provide decent performance for someone my size. I bought the quarter back support which is very comfortable. What I like best is that this boat tracks extremely well for its length due to the hull design. If you are looking for a great all around sit on top, this is it.

09-07-1998
Submitted by: RorySend Email

The Cobra XL is a polyethylene constructed, sit on top kayak. The XL comes with fore and aft bungie tie downs and optional storage compartments. I have been using the XL on the various rivers in central texas and will be doing some extensive gulf coast fishing. The boat is very stable and extremely agile. I rate the Cobra XL a rating of 10 because of the quality, speed, agility, stability and the scupper hole design that keeps me dry while in the kayak.