Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Arluk IV Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Arluk IV Kayak by Necky Kayaks

10-01-2012
Submitted by: RyanSend Email

I've had this boat for several years and overall, I've been very happy with it. It's an average shape, not long and skinny, but not a fatboy. Wide enough to for me as a beginner many years ago, but slender enough to eskimo roll without much difficulty. I was less than impressed with the stock seat and foot pedals, but these are minor complaints.

10-26-2004
Submitted by: RF

Bought this as a REALLY used glass boat, but just love it. Rudder rarely needed (crosswind only). Legroom maxed for me (inseam 36"). Bow is just high/flared enough for chop, not too much for wind. Seat is comfortable even though marmots ate most of the foam. Stable enough to carry a (mostly empty) cooler lashed on deck. Deck height allows some leg movement, but low enough for paddle clearance. Glad I don't have to cartop a longer boat; 16' is fine for my day trips.

07-15-2004

I recently purchased this kayak used. It is a Kevlar model. I love the light weight of this kayak. Easy to load and unload, or in my case, launch from my dock. The construction is top notch. I was used to paddling a Town And Country Loon which has more beam and very stable. The Arluk took a little getting used to the balance but I now have the hang of it. Moves real easy on the water. I have used it on inland canals and bayou. I put the rudder down once for fun but it really isn't necessary and only dragged in the water. Only two items that bug me. First, the seat is not that comfortable. Second, it is hard to adjust the foot pedals once under way since it has a small cockpit opening. I am 6' 165 lbs.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

Sea Specs: