Product Reviews > Accessories > Brunton/Optimus Nova Stove Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Brunton/Optimus Nova Stove

Research Food / Cooking Supplies in the Buyers' Guide!
Food / Cooking Supplies
View Food / Cooking Supplies in Buyers' Guide

05-31-2007

Svea 123 is more reliable than the Nova, but the Nova is hotter and much more heavy duty. My Nova's aluminum pump has been trouble free for 5 years, unlike MSR plastic pumps, which have failed me. Make sure the fuel valve is "off" before you connect the stove. If not, you'll get a priming surprise... fireball.

03-07-2006
Submitted by: MarcusSend Email

An amazing stove, very solid, and does not feature a single piece of plastic. The stove is all metal, sturdy, and beautifully crafted. Things do break sometimes: Whenever something broke at my NOVA stove, the customer service reps at Brunton always reacted kindly and sent out little or larger spare parts for free the same day. I like to recommend this stove.

04-21-2004

Both my paddling & camping buddy and I have one of these. I have or have used just about every backpacking stove of this type. It finally replaced my Whisper Lite. It actually simmers, and better than any stove I have ever used. Great design, well worth the price.

03-02-2004

This is the best stove I have ever owned. Easy to start under all conditions I have tried it in. Very well regulated flame adjustment, from a slow simmer to a rolling boil. Packs smaller than any stove I have used or owned. Burns efficiently and cleanly. Only drawback is the lack of an integral windscreen, but that is easy to improvise.