Product Reviews > Accessories > Aqua-Pac Waterproof Camera Case Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Aqua-Pac Waterproof Camera Case

Rated: 5.8/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Aquapac Logo
See Products from Aquapac in the Buyers' Guide!
Aquapac in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Drybag Accessories
  • Messenger Bags
  • iPod

06-01-2009

Aquapac SLR case. Very poor image quality. Poor customer service. A waste of money.

03-05-2007
Submitted by: GCSend Email

I've had an aqua-pac for a digital camera for the last 3 years. I long ago gave up using it for taking pictures thru the plastic; far too much distortion plus the salt water spotting another reviewer noted. I now use it for just storing the camera or a GPS I use on the water. I too had a problem with the internal clip breaking, but it was easily solved with a dab of glue. Condensation can be an issue but that's easily fixed as another reviewer noted. The main value of the bag is its water integrity, and there it's never failed. I've used it fairly heavily in the three years and tossed it around, and it's still water tight. And they do float.

09-19-2004

I have one of these and have used it 5 times in the last 2 months. I have the blue small sized one for a non SLR Camera. I am relatively satisfied for a $25 product as opposed to the $199 waterproof case for my Canon Digital A70 Camera. The picture quality isn't that great after some salt water splashes on the outside, but if you can wipe it off on your sleeve it's do-able. A little level-correction in Photoshop actually will compensate for the salt-water film on the outside of the bag. As far as the inside of the bag, I often found condensation as the day went on, but this is also correctable by putting in a silica gel pack. You can find these packs from a lot of consumer products that come with them... just save the pack and use it for kayak photo shoots! I think this is a great affordable alternative to buying a specialized waterpoof case for your camera or a submersible camera altogether.

12-22-2003

In a previous post, I mentioned that I was dissatisfied with my Aqua-pac camera case, but very happy with their customer service. Mr. Andrew MacAuley has sent me a camera case with the newly engineered neck strap attachment. The changes will not allow the case and strap to separate. Mr. MacAuley also guided me on how to assure that I obtain photo clarity. Again, I am very pleased with the support and how Aqua-Pac stands behind their products.

12-11-2003

I am very satisfied with the service, but tremendously dissatisfied with the quality of this Aqua-Pac product. This is my third defective case. The connection of the lanyard to the inside of the case is engineered so poorly that in opening the case less than ten times has caused the retaining clip to break. This allows the camera case to fall from your neck. This has occurred on two of the three replacement bags. I returned one case because waxed paper used for shipping transferred the wax on to the clear plastic.

I just returned from a Baja kayak fishing trip, developed my film and experienced great disappointment with the blurry photos I shot from inside the case. Those photos that I took outside of the case were crystal clear.

From now on, I will only use the case for its waterproof protection.