Product Reviews > Kayaks > NC Kayaks > NC17 Explorer Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NC17 Explorer Kayak by NC Kayaks

08-23-2005
Submitted by: J DavisSend Email

I purchased the NC-17 Explorer about 3 weeks ago. I finally finished setting it up on a trailer. (It is longer than my truck LOL). I opted for the light weight version. Last weekend I took it to a local lake. WOW. I was impressed. It came up to hull speed with a couple of strokes of the paddles. I found it effortless to paddle and, unlike other kayaks, it tracks very well in a strong cross wind. Turn radius was better than expected. As for the quality, I was very impressed. I could not find a single flaw. From the time I placed the order to arrival was about 3 weeks. Bottom line - if you are looking for a high quality kayak, low price, and excellent service, NC Kayaks should be your first choice.

11-13-2003

My Explorer is brand new and I have only had the opportunity to paddle once for about an hour. The boat is a beauty. I am a bit disappointed with the finish in the area of the caulking around the bulkheads and deckline mountings; kind of gloppy/sloppy and over applied. However, the boat paddles very nicely and looks great. The high point might be the very comfortable seat. I had just gone through a period of suffering with a herniated disc in the lumbar region, but really "needed" to get this new boat on the water, albeit being concerned about my back. I found the seat to be exceptionally user friendly, allowing me to lean way back onto the rear deck. I'm not sure about the foam block on which it is mounted. I'm afraid I will need to wait until spring (2004) to complete my remarks. The company was easy to deal with, but not exactly accurate on delivery time. No big deal for me, but add a couple weeks if you need your boat for a special trip. More on this boat in the spring!