Product Reviews > Kayaks > Emotion Kayaks > Fisherman Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fisherman Kayak by Emotion Kayaks

Rated: 9.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

01-03-2008
Submitted by: John "Toast" Oast

The Emotion Fisherman is a very stable, easily rigged kayak for fishing. It is one of the easiest kayaks to side-saddle while fishing, and has a huge cockpit for those who need the legroom. The cockpit is also laid out perfectly for easier stand-up fishing.

The boat has a low profile, and handles well in wind, and is surprisingly fast for its width. For 2008, Emotion has gone to the smaller cockpit hatch to reduce the chance of taking on water with the tighter tolerances. I have been able to fight and land 30 inch fish in fairly rough open water with ease.

Emotion will soon be coming out with the new Grand Slam, which will have many of the "bells and whistles", while the Fisherman is more of an ATV kayak, without the flashiness. It's a great fishing kayak, especially for the price.

08-24-2007
Submitted by: Pat

Newly acquired Emotion Fisherman Pro, came with two flush mount and a scotty rod holder. The dealer threw in a Bic sports seat but I hear I'm getting a better one for my birthday, maybe.

I've used this boat since early July now and have had it on calm waters, slow rivers and 5-6 foot swells on Lake Huron and 4 footers on Lake Nipissing. Just getting her through the breakers was un-nerving let alone getting her back in. Was taking in a fair amount of water in rough water but ordered some plugs for the flush mount rod holders from TopKayaker and that seems to stem the flo.

This boat has taken all I have given it and has happily taken it all, it is a pleasure to fish from, very stable sitting with my legs over the sides fishing, tracks well, as fast as I need it, even boots along fine with my wife's "borrowed" golf umbrella for a makeshift sail. I've even stood up in it and tried casting.

I've added lots of deck loops, an anchor trolley, permanent fishfinder, now looking around at lighting, thigh straps and dry wear. A great kayak, I'm soooo glad I found this for under $1000.00 bucks down around Kingston, Ontario. Has tonnes of storage as well.

11-18-2003
Submitted by: ToddSend Email

I'm a big guy at 260 lbs, this kayak is perfect for my use. I tried others but this was the most stable platform I found. I caught fish my first time out and I'm hooked on fishing from my new Emotion. This might be too big for smaller paddlers but heavier paddlers will love it.

11-06-2003

One of the Fisherman that Jon S. from kayakfishingstuff.com sent south arrived in central Texas on 10/31/03. Took it out for a test paddle on the lake Sunday. Amazing stability is the first thing you notice. The layout is great. She paddled true, faster than I originally expected and glides well. Went against a minimal current and fairly stiff breeze with little effort. Quite a few skiers on the lake and the wakes from the powerboats presented no problems, took them head-on, at a 45, and broadside(did I mention very stable). Initial impression is extreme pleasure with purchase and looking forward to outfitting it further. Jon was great to deal with. Wish there were more out there like him. I am hoping to go coastal the week of Thanksgiving for a more thorough test.

Suspenz: