Product Reviews > Canoes > Esquif > Blast Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Blast Canoe by Esquif

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-17-2013
Submitted by: Bill RSend Email

I set my canoe up with Daisy chains so I could adjust the saddle position. The boat is pretty dry, a little sluggish IMO which is why I only gave it an 8, and turns well, good tandem for 350 or so pound pair

07-16-2007
Submitted by: Andy BSend Email

I've paddled about all of the OC-1/2s on the market and this is a fun boat! It is not for a beginner or a weekends only paddling couple. My wife and I bought one used from a gentleman who purchased it thinking it was a good entry level boat. Wrong!!

The Blast is a very responsive and aggressive boat in every thing from peeling out of eddies and surfing the littlest of waves to dancing around the rocks in Browns Canyon at 400 CFS. This boat needs a good pair of paddlers that communicate well due to its quick mobility. If not the paddlers might lose their friendship. If you push the boundaries one will find that it is very stable on the lake or while punching through rapids like 5 falls. We had this boat on its side while holding a low brace on a lake.

Lastly, We look forward to having this boat around in our family collection to help bring our children along the canoing traditions since it comes with a tri-saddle (Mainly for solo paddling but good for the 2-6yr old with their parents).

11-03-2003

This is the definitive tandem playboat. And probably a great solo tripping boat for big water--but I haven't tried that yet. The Blast is so responsive. It whips into eddies, turns on a dime for catching waves on the fly or executing a ferry, and has great secondary stability. Another great advantage is you sit so close to your partner, they can hear every instruction, direction, comment and insult you give them. Can't recommend this boat enough for fun on Class III water for two.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!