Product Reviews > Accessories > RuffWear K-9 Float Coat Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for RuffWear K-9 Float Coat

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

07-31-2013

I own Labradors. So you think why use a PFD? Well I can swim and I use a PFD for myself so why not give the dog a helping hand, too? I have 3 Labs ranging from 65 to 80 lbs and the Large K-9 fits all 3 dogs with some adjustments for each dog.

I bought this vest mostly for my (baby) Labrador Myrtle who is now 13 and is still a strong swimmer, but she tires easier now. I am trying to get her used to riding on my latest sit-on-top kayak. At 13 she wasn't really happy to put on a vest, but once it is on she runs around like a puppy knowing she is going kayaking.

The K-9 vest is strong enough and well enough made that I can actually lift a 65lb dog using the handle and not hurt the dog. This is great for getting her into the kayak.

I highly recommend the RuffWear K-9 Float Coat!

03-20-2005

I bought 3 of these in 2001 or so, but didn't think to post. I recently had to have 1 of my beloved dogs put to sleep. I was going through old pictures, and there were many of all 3 dogs running on the beach, on river fronts and in little area creeks. Had a great time, and relaxed knowing they were safe and I could grab them if needed. They wear extremely well, and the company was wonderful to deal with. Sorry this took so long to post, but I'm glad to be able to encourage people to buy from this company.

09-02-2003

My Britt loves the water and is a good swimmer, a lot like me. I wear a PFD why shouldn't he and for the same reasons? (PFD = Pup Flotation Device in this case :-) The K-9 Float Coat keeps him high and level in the water. It has a really cool grip on the back to give me a chance to keep him out of the water or drag him back in the yak. It has reflective strips sewn in and an attachment ring at the front of the handle. This PFD is made as well as anything I have seen for human salty dogs. I would hate myself for anything happening to my first mate just because I didn't take the responsibility to protect him.

Kayak Sails: