Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Pamlico 145T Pro Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pamlico 145T Pro Kayak by Wilderness Systems

08-29-2006
Submitted by: SolarKenSend Email

OK, I have been in many Kayaks over the years and never had a lesson. Made a few very exciting trips but more very relaxing ones. I picked this boat based on the need for River and Lake use. It is light at 63# and I load it myself with no problem. I am a full size guy @ 280# and 6'5". Even at that, I found that the rude guy in the big boat syndrom did not outs me. Rigged for a single I spent 5 hours yesterday on a windy boat chopped lake and had nothing but fun. These seats are amazing and nothing short of it! (maybe I will get some for the house?) A few tiny issues but a great all round boat! I will say that with 2 up you may want a light person or someone that also is not looking for that initial stable feel. But I put this boat in some way messy waters and even at my size have not been upside down yet! A dream on a river or creek... I only said it is a 9 based on nothing being perfect... I am looking forward to many trips in this boat! Great!

08-21-2003

I bought this Pamlico double in kevlar for casual use with my wife and occasional solo paddling mostly because we wanted an easily carried boat with less hassle cartopping. The lay up they sent is very nice indeed. Besides the elegant appearance this boat tracks very well and turns easily especially with the rudder.

The seats are real easy chairs, overall we are stoked. We usually paddle around the local marina in light winds and some chop, no problem. I have a spraydeck and will go out on the coast although this kayak is more of a hybrid between a canoe and a kayak as it has an open cockpit.

The guys at Action Water Sports in Marina Del Rey were terrific all around although I must Wilderness Systems customer service was not too good..hard to reach and somewhat diffident and late delivery but Action Water Sports helped us out and we enjoy this 'yak.

It is very well put together and I even rigged an electric trolling motor on it and a new long life, lightweight (23pounds) Evercell battery which all worked well for fishing. Overall this is a pricey but terrific boat for older kayakers especially in quiet bays and lakes as it is so light and stable it glides easily and is fast too. It paddles very well solo as well.

I'd give it a ten but for my irritation with Wilderness System's communication as they just lay everything off on their dealers. Too bad they make great boats.

Last word... in kevlar this is a very pleasing recreational boat, easy to paddle, fast, light, extremely comfortable, a limo that glides us close to wildlife and requires very easy effort to paddle.

Rendezvous River Sports