Product Reviews > Accessories > PaddleBoy Molly Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for PaddleBoy Molly

Rated: 4.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

06-11-2008
Submitted by: MASend Email

I bought this cart from an on-line retailer that offers a no-questions-asked money back guarantee if I'm not satisfied... having said that, I am in agreement with the other posts that the price tag on this cart is WAY too high, but on the positive side, it is very simple, easy to assemble and disassemble, fits in the Nighthawk 16 hatch (front hatch if it's disassembled, rear hatch in one piece).

I used it for the first time a few days ago and it did great - I rolled over gravel, asphalt, a metal dock, then a slippery wood dock - no problems. I didn't secure it to my kayak very well at first and it rolled into the river - it does float at least long enough for me to reach in and grab it. I looked for other carts that received good reviews, looked durable, and were made in North America and was hard-pressed to find something that fit all these criteria

07-11-2007
Submitted by: John DimickSend Email

Not bad at all for a tiny cart. I had my doubts before I bought it, but I couldn't find very many carts that would stow into the hatch of a Pungo 100, so I bought the Molly and was pleasantly surprised. The bridle strapping system works nicely on the wide Pungo. I haven't tried using it on very challenging terrain, but I don't expect to encounter much tough terrain, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.

04-26-2005

I was able to find the Molly at a store to "try" before I purchased. I was also looking for something to fit into the hatch of my Nighthawk 16. While for the money, you can't really get anything else, I found this cart not to be really worthwhile in my opinion. The better value was to step up to one of the other Paddleboy carts - better ground clearance, usability, and stability. The Molly was awkward, has no padding against the boat (which could easily be fixed), and really didn't stay put very well over what I would consider "average" terrain (a yard with mixed bare and grassy spots). At the store I was able to disassemble Paddleboy's "tomato" cart and get it to fit in my back hatch. It did take up nearly the entire space, but for day-touring this really isn't a problem. I would say save your money on the Molly and buy one of Paddleboy's other carts, they are a much better value.

06-30-2003

It still irks me that I spent $80 for a small piece of molded plastic with a really basic pair of wheels and a strap. But it appeared to be the only stern cart that I could fit inside my Eddyline Night Hawk, so I bought it based on the photo on the website and a talk with a customer service person at Paddleboy. I actually got to see the other Paddleboy carts at an outfitter (nobody actually stocked the Molly, smart people). With the exception of the Pop Cart, they all looked like a much better design than the Molly.

Anyway,I tried using the provided strap to load the boat. It was a real struggle. There is no foot to hold the cart steady, so it tends to roll away on you. Keeping the boat on the cart with the strap seemed near impossible. Finally, I found that if I added a bungee, and then used the strap afterwards (I personally don't think the strap is doing much) and bungee the cart to the boat while holding the rear of the boat just so, it works.

Now, we start to roll it around. Going straight, it works okay on asphalt, a concrete boat ramp, and a boardwalk. The cart came loose on a turn, and again going up a small curb drop. I sent a complaint to Paddleboy, but they didn't seem much interested in satisfying a disillusioned customer.

At about $25, the Molly would be a good value, and with some design changes and better wheels, it might be a good product. In case the manufacturer reads, this post, I would have certainly appreciated a satisfaction guarantee on this purchase. There was no defects, just a design that doesn't work.