Product Reviews > Kayaks > Aire > Super Lynx Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Super Lynx Kayak by Aire

Rated: 8.8/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Super Lynx Kayak by Aire

Length: 14' 0" - Width: 37.00" - Starting at: $1570.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Aire Logo

09-17-2013

Just purchased my Super Lynx and have only used it on flatwater so far. After reading these reviews, I can say that it tracks a little better than I had expected. I have some experience paddling whitewater boats, which take some adjustments to your paddle stroke to keep straight. I suggest the same is true with the SL. Play with your stroke, blade entry and exit positions, etc and you'll master this thing on flatwater in no time.

I had considered Aire's Tributary line of imported boats, but opted for the Aire brand instead, as I did not care for the quakity and cost-cutting features on friends Tomcats. It is so nice owning something of this quality and you can't beat Aire's warranty. I will be back as soon as I can run her on some class II/III whitewater and update my review.

05-24-2013
Submitted by: Scott Toland Send Email

Have had a red Super Lynx for 3 years. Been used in fresh and salt water. Lakes rivers, flat water and white water. I'd describe it as a great Swiss Army knife boat. Built Aire tough, big enough for two people, dogs and a soft cooler. Small enough to be used solo. The ends are low to avoid catching wind on slack water. As such they tend to pierce waves in whitewater rather than lift over them. Not a problem, just expect to have waves in your lap when you punch into them. Fun. The 14ft. Length and straight keel bridge over small waves and holes like a limousine.

The Aire pvc and bladder system make the boat nice and stiff. The construction method does create lots of places where dirt and grime collect. Expect to spend some time with a sponge cleaning it up now and then. The removable aluminum skeg is sweet for slack water. Tracking is terrible without one.

If you want to paddle a wide array of water with one boat, this is it.

03-20-2008
Submitted by: Charlie JSend Email

Had mine for almost 6 years, bought it at Alaska Raft and Kayak. It is amazing where I have taken it - mainly for fly fishing, but have used it for cruising, river running and surfing. Taken to Florida many times, Hawaii, Canada, Nantucket, on and on.

It packs down small enough to avoid extra airline charges. It is extremely tough and durable. Tracks so-so. You do get wet, (self bailers do splash you) so if using it in cold water dress accordingly. This is a very versatile, very well made boat (should be with the cost). If you travel like I do, it opens up a new world everywhere you go.

There are cheaper inflatables, but when I'm in surf and can scrape coral, its good to know it will hold up. Same thing with fishing where you bounce a lot of sharp objects around. Highly recommended.

07-28-2004

The Super Lynx tracks decently, is easy to inflate (5 minutes with a hand pump), and is well made. However, be prepared to get wet. I disagree with rednose's review that "while it will self bail should water intrude, your never sitting in it". Technically, you're not sitting in the water in the boat, but every time the kayak hits a wave, the water in the self-bailing area gets pushed up into the boat.

06-26-2003

I ordered this Kayak with no previous Kayaking experience other than a two hour river trip on a teeny rented hardshell. An inflatable appealed to me for possible use as a dinghy to my small cruising sailboat. After doing all the research, I ordered the Super Lynx. This boat has exceeded any of my expectations and turned out to be alot more fun than I imagined. It's amazing how anything so stable can be paddled so effortlessly and yet be easily boarded from the transom ladder on my sailboat. Paddling is almost effortless, even when plowing into the wind. I think the secret might be in the way the boat sort of skims over the water rather than plowing through it. First time I took it out was dressed in a bathing suit, figuring I would end up with wet underwear. Not so, while it will self bail should water intrude, your never sitting in it. Seats are very comfortable and optional thigh straps really help with harder paddling. When considering resale value I gotta score this boat a solid 10 out of 10.

Rendezvous River Sports