Product Reviews > Accessories > Fenn 4 wing paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fenn 4 wing paddle

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

11-23-2009

I have a Fenn 3 wing paddle which is a slightly smaller version of Fenn 4. It is the same size as Epic Sm-Mid Wing. I have both the Fenn & Epic for 3 yrs. This size wing paddle is great for long distance or for someone like me with a bad rotator cuff. The slightly smaller size is less tiring w/ a faster cadence. The Fenn 3 weighs about 32 oz. and the Epic is 23 oz. Both have adjustable lengths and feather. Epic has an oval shaft and Fenn is round.

I added a 1/8" thick 1" wide by 6" long rubber strips on both sides of the Fenn grip to simulate an oval shape. I used both paddles on an Epic V-10S surf ski, Seda glider and more recently on a Kirton Inuk. The Epic has a big plus on weight and the Fenn more durable wing since it's thicker and about $200 less. They feel almost the same while paddling. But some reason I prefer the Fenn slightly. I can't really pin point why. But must be the weight? Or maybe the minute difference in the wing design? I still need to try the other brands like Braca, QB, Lettmann etc... But like someone told me "better to concentrate on your paddling ability than on the equipment". Yes that's true but primates like us like to fiddle with different things.

So what's the bottom line? If you want super lite weight and can afford $400+ go for the Epic. If want something more durable for less money and the slightly heavier then Fenn is a possibility.

06-19-2003

This is a wing paddle - carbon/fg mix. Ajustable length 210-220cm. Nice paddle. Blade is too small for powerful sprints. Seems best for workouts of 5+ miles. Feather is continuously variable. Nice paddle, a good value at its price. Good all round paddle for workouts or racing.