Product Reviews > Kayaks > OT Sport > Kruzer Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kruzer Kayak by OT Sport

Rated: 9.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

12-14-2007
Submitted by: TPASend Email

Stable, reasonably fast, lots of room in the cockpit. This kayak handles well. It will keep a straight line but turns easily. The seat is comfortable although the seat will slip back if you apply much pressure on the foot pegs. I can paddle this all day with little fatigue and keep up with anyone in a canoe.

06-01-2006
Submitted by: DB

Love my new kayak. I was actually looking to buy an Old Town Loon 111. The only thing that bothered me was that it did not have a dry storage for my keys and wallet....my dealer quickly pointed out that the OT Sport is the same boat(inch for inch) with this little compartment...I have paddled other 10-12 foot rec boats and I think mine tracks better....I also love the 3-Poly contruction,the huge open cockpit, and the seat that can slide back and forth....gives me room to take my 6 year old for a little tour (and I'm 6'2 200 pounds). One word of caution...it tracks well and has excellent speed because of its V-hull design....but this design makes it a bit more tippy that other more flatter bottomed kayaks. This does not bother me as all rec boats are easy to handle and after a few times out you really get the hang of it.

04-22-2004
Submitted by: AARSend Email

This past weeknd I took out my brand new leftover Kruzer from the Jersey Paddler of Brick, NJ, on to Lake Galena in Bucks county,PA. I am 225 Lbs and this yak fit me perfectly. I could not belive how well this craft performed. It tracked great for an 11 foot boat. There was a steady wind going across the lake and I had no problem cutting through to the other side. I bought this boat for my wife, but I could not resist the temptation to try it myself. I know she'll love it. It was easy to car top, and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this boat. OT Sports hit a GRAND SLAM with this one. I considered buying a Old Town Loon 138 for the length and possibly better tracking and speed, but this yak is easier to carry and store. To all who want a great, almost perfect recreational yak, look no further.

05-30-2003
Submitted by: JMSend Email

Great boat, very roomy with a huge cockpit. It has a wide beam at 28" which limits it's top speed. Surprisingly, for a recreational boat, (with a skirt installed and some foam for your knees under the deck sides), it does a nice Eskimo roll. Many wider boats fight at the beginning of the roll, but the shape of the deck helps to initiate the roll. This was a pleasant surprise from a boat that is so roomy and open.

Ostrom Outdoors: