Product Reviews > Kayaks > Ocean Kayak > Pro SI 129 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pro SI 129 Kayak by Ocean Kayak

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

07-18-2005

This is OK's one-and-only foray into sit-inside kayaks. It came in two lengths, and I've really enjoyed the 12'9" version. Excellent quality of construction, comfortable seat, good hatches with little leakage. This boat is a battleship -- it is indestructible, very sturdy, and not-at-all prone to denting or changing shape in the sun. It isn't your fastest sit-inside kayak, but it tracks straight and paddles nicely. Doesn't need a rudder. The two hatches afford plenty of storage space. At 55 lbs. it is a bit heavy for its length, but I have not had difficulty loading and unloading it by myself. If you can find a used one (I believe it was discontinued in '02 or '03), buy it....

09-16-2003
Submitted by: DanSend Email

Just bought this boat a couple of months ago. This is my first kayak, I'm 6' and 210lbs and the boat fits real well, also it has a comfortable foam seat and back. I paddle on a river leading to a large bay around home, this boat tracks straight in any conditions I have been in so far, from calm to rough water. At the mouth of the river there are waves coming from all directions, and it still goes were pointed. I just got back from 4 days on the Ausable River in northern michigan, it's a slow moving river, and the boat was more than up to the task, lots of room for all the gear I needed, the large hatches were great. For a cheaper plastic boat, I am very pleased.

03-03-2003

I bought this kayak without ever using one before. Took it out for the first time on a swollen river and a very windy day. I started to paddle up river against the current and did not get far using the paddle strokes I read about, cause all that would happen is that I would end up going down river. Once I learned how to paddle this thing, I was moving up river with no problem and pretty fast at that. After a couple of hours I started back down river with the current and had no tracking problems there either. The pro 129 was completly dry inside and i did not use a spray skirt. I am 6'3" 190lb and fit in it without any problems. Boat turns very well,it is comfortable and alot of stowage room. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase,and can only imagine how smooth this kayak will be when I put it in the water on a nice calm day.