Product Reviews > Kayaks > Aire > Force Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Force Kayak by Aire

Rated: 7.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Force Kayak by Aire

Length: 9' 6" - Width: 32.00" - Starting at: $1569.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Aire Logo

09-20-2010

We bought this boat to go along with our new Lynx I. We wanted this boat to add a little variety. This boat (2010 model) is not even close to the older Force. They are completely different so if you looking at a new Force this is the review you need.

So far we really like it. It is plenty stable (close to the Lynx), maneuvers great and like the Lynx, is super tough. It floats over the holes well and because of the amount of rocker rides over much of the rough stuff. It does cost a little more than the Lynx and so far I have not noticed enough of an advantage to pay the extra money. There is no storage room at all so you have no room for a pump or an extra paddle. I am not a playboat person but someday I will have the guts to jump in a hole to see how it surfs. If that is your goal than this boat would likely be better for you than the Lynx. I do wish it had a pressure relief valve in the floor and sometimes the floor blows up a little crooked.

If I was to do it all over again I would likely buy two Lynx. But a year down the road, as I become more comfortable with the river, my hope is I will appreciate this boat more than the Lynx.

If you want the best, buy the high end Aires.

08-31-2009

This is my 5th IK and it is the best so far. In the last 5 years, I've owned boats from Advanced Elements, Stearns, NRS and the Force XL. The Aire Force is the best handling inflatable, the fastest and easiest to roll. It is emulating a rigid boat and you need the skills to operate it.
One request for improvement though - the bow and stern could be higher; so much easier to turn and surf.

09-12-2002

I've boated both the Aire Force and the Force XL. I much perfer the Force XL. It seems hard to believe that an IK can catch an edge but the Force can. It is advertized as a play boat but I find it hard to catch even easy eddies with it let alone play in it. It was better after I moved the seating position up as far as I could.

It also has a poor backrest. I tied a dry bag on behind the seat to provide back support. I thought the Force XL handled a lot like my hardshell--I caught every eddie I tried and had a couple of great days with it. I found the back rest adequate in the Force XL. I'm sure some folks can roll these boats but I could not come close to rolling either boat.

Rendezvous River Sports