Product Reviews > Kayaks > Sea Eagle > SE-330 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for SE-330 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Rated: 7.69/10 Based On: 36 Reviews

SE-330 Kayak by Sea Eagle

Length: 11' 2" - Width: 34.00" - Starting at: $239.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Sea Eagle Logo

08-17-2014
Submitted by: Bud E.Send Email

I bought my SE330 almost two years ago and I am very satisfied with it with only one exception. I does need D-rings or something to tie things to. I am 77 years old and I have no trouble with anything, however I would suggest folks of my age would be better off with the electric pump. Keep the hand or foot pump for emergencies. Oh, and do buy it with the premium seat, the standard one lacks a lot. I would like it if Sea Eagle would provide anchor points for the premium seat, I had to make my own.

08-13-2014

My rating takes a bit of explaining, so bear with me please. The full picture would be as follows:

Rating 4 if you get the 330 with basic SEC seats (not as good of back support as the deluxe seats)
Rating 5 if you get the 330 with deluxe seats (worth the extra money)
Rating 6 for the accessories (paddle blade push-buttons can jam or slip thru; foot pump can have limited life)
Rating 7 if you get the SE370 instead of the SE330
Rating 8 for the overall value of an SE370 package as far as what you get for your money
Rating 10 for Sea Eagle warranty and 180-day trial period

If you're looking for a basic kayak that is easily portable (can be taken by plane too), has a reasonable price and yet good durability, has a good warrantee, and can be used effectively either solo or tandem, Sea Eagle Sport Kayaks are worth considering.

Some of the virtues of the 330 (and 370):

1. Sea Eagle's outstanding 6-month return option and 3-year warranty are hard to beat
  2. Comfortable, almost like a couch on water, yet have acceptable performance for an inflatable
  3. Track fairly well for an inflatable, yet also easy to maneuver
  4. Good load carrying capacity
  5. Don't have to mess with a separate floor piece
  6. Easy set-up and take-down.
  7. Inexpensive
Since these do not have a separate floor piece as some inflatables do, it is fairly easy to wipe down inside when you are done w/ a paddling session (you do not have to partially deflate a separate floor piece, take it out to dry it off and dry off that water that was underneath it, and then put it back in). Note however, that since it has a low-pressure floor (not high-pressure which can be made very firm), the floor is somewhat squishy and not as solid. And one limitation of a 330/370 is how they sit a bit deeper in the water. Since the bottom of the boat protrudes downward from the side parts of the boat, you can't go through as shallow of water as some other kayaks.

Note that one important factor in the above ratings is that in my experience, the 370 is noticeably more stable than the 330. A couple actual examples:
a) once on a choppy mountain lake (windy), the 330 was unstable enough that my wife did not feel comfortable in it, so we moved her over to our 385 Fast Track, and, b) one time when I was getting into the 330 from a dock, I initially sat onto it a bit toward one side and found myself teetering between upright and tipping over for about two seconds Ė I have never had that happen on any other inflatable or hard-shell, and I have paddled over twenty different kayaks. So it seems to take more attention to stability than the 370. However, please note that I have paddled two different 370's, but have only paddled one 330 Ė could that 330 somehow have been a rare exception that does not represent the rest of the 330's??

Summary of advantages of the SE370 over the SE330 that you may want to consider:
a) I like it better even for solo paddling than the 330.
b) The 370 seems more stable.
c) The 330 is tight with two adults, so the 370's extra 16" of length helps a lot.
d) You'll get a little more speed from the 370's extra length (around 6% more)
e) The 370 uses 38 mil Polykrylar instead of 33 mil on the 330.
f) These advantages come w/ little extra weight and for only another $50.

07-03-2014

Sea Eagle inflatable canoe 330 deluxe package was an excellent purchase to throw into our Truck Camper and go boating anytime we wanted on our trips out west without taking up a lot of room. It is well worth the money and fully refundable(within 6 months) if you do not like it.

We have bought several inflatable boats from Sea Eagle and I can not say enough good things about their products and their customer service. They sell great inflatable boats at reasonable prices.

08-14-2013

Sea Eagle from yard sale next door was older but still functional. It was reasonable for 1 man with cooler but 2 guys around 6' 200 lbs were cramped and it was sitting low in water so not efficient. Good for lazy paddling but watch for rocks and sticks near shore.

08-07-2013

This model of kayak is ideal for travelers. Because it's inflatable/deflatable (naturally), it so often goes with me in the trunk of the car when I travel for both business and pleasure, whereas there would just not be a possible way to take a hard kayak. If not for the outstanding and rugged build quality of the SeaEagle models that I've owned, I would have never imagined going in some of the rivers and streams in an inflatable! Even being on a Great Lake in 6 foot waves was fun, whereas, I could not have fared so well in a hard kayak for as long as we were out there!

I highly recommend the SeaEagles, with one minor suggestion to go with the upgraded inflatable seats, if you're going to be in it for longer than an hour.
Have owned the brand and style for 6 years and am very happy to this day!

03-01-2013

I am 76 years old and not new to boats, so I sort of knew what to look for and my 330 has given be great performance and safety. I have taken it on the rivers and lakes around my home in Florida with great satisfaction.

I would buy Sea Eagle again with no reservations. The ease with which I can carry and load my 330 in and out of my car is fantastic because I need no racks, trailers or large vehicle. I give it a big number 10!

02-04-2013
Submitted by: cmbSend Email

Bought a used 330 direct from Sea Eagle 6 months ago, my 1st kayak, but I do have lots of experience with inflatable rafting on rivers and sea. Absolutely love this boat. Fits in my Honda Accord trunk nicely,and that's where it lives, I go paddling after work or when ever the mood strikes. My favorite past time is grabbing a beer or 6 and head out on the ocean (long beach, CA) which it handles admirably. I have paddled in chop, big swells, and very windy conditions. With proper paddle technique it does great. The biggest limitation of this fun little craft, is the paddler, not the boat.

01-07-2013

Purchased my 330 as a first kayak. With a price for the entire package at $300.00, this was the perfect entry level kayak I could find. A friend recommended one after he purchased his, I'm glad I listened to his recommendation!

All in all, the package comes with two seats (different depending on which package you purchase), two 4-piece paddles around 230cm in length, the kayak, a foot pump with attachments, and a repair kit in a floating/waterproof necklace.

I first paddled with my friend in his, I will admit, a big downfall for this kayak is when it is used as a tandem. Two people are typically cramped into the kayak leaving the person in back with minimal leg room.

When used solo, the weight capacity and proper positioning of the seat makes this kayak breeze through the water. With a 500lbs weight capacity, you can really load this thing down. I've done overnight trips in my SE330 on slow rivers and it surpasses expectations.

The material may look like "pool toy" inflatable, but in truth, the kayak is extremely durable. I've accidentally ran it into protruding branches and skid across countless rocks and there has never been a scratch afterwards.

Inflation and setup takes a single person roughly 15 minutes and the carrying bag is large enough to fit everything in and light enough that most people should not have any trouble carrying it to the vehicles or entry points.

The balance is incredible and almost impossible to tip over. I recommend this kayak package to someone who is looking to start kayaking but isn't sure on proper techniques while in the water. It is a great source to learn from and very forgiving when it comes to not being able to avoid debris.

05-02-2011

We are in our 60's and love our SeaEagle. We are cautious, but have found we can go most anywhere we want. We recently took it to Hawaii and kayaked with Manta Rays, Sea Turtles, a Monk Seal and Whales. We purchased a rechargeable pump that makes inflating easy. We do have to top it off with the foot pump. We also purchased the better seats, and they are great. And we don't need a roof carrier. We just roll it up in a tote box in the trunk. It is important to clean it (blow it up, use a little liquid soap, rinse, let dry and roll up.) Also keep out of sun when not in use. We love it.

08-12-2010
Submitted by: LarrySend Email

Well it said 10 days and sure enough it took 10 days to get here from New York, I am in California. On the 11th day took it out to the local lake. It comes in a cardboard box. Then another cardboard box. So make sure you have a sharp knife to open the boxes. Once opened, out comes the instruction manual and the paddles. everything is in it's own plastic sheath. Have to cut this away also.

Once the Sea Eagle is on the ground, first thing you notice is the air valves have an O-Ring, it takes 7 of these O-Rings before you can put any air into the sea eagle. The O-Ring installation is no easy task. It took me two hours to get the 7 O-Rings on the valve stems.

The air pump works excellently and hopefully will continue for some time to come. It weighs about 50 lbs inflated. So if portage is a problem need two people to carry it. Once down to the edge of the water it is not easy to get into, as the sides will give way under your weight, so it is a hurry up proposition. Once in I was on my knees and getting into the seat was not easy either. As I moved one leg the bottom of the kayak would raise up so the stability is questionable. Someone said you could stand up, better be a good swimmer.

Once in the seat, the bottom scraped the mud and I was stuck, so rather than get out and in again, I used the paddle to try and push off the mud. That was easier said than done. Finally with some scooting and pushing and getting mud on and in the kayak I was finally sea born. Yahoo, the paddling is not easy, it takes some concerted effort and the wind will push you back in the mud.

Over all somewhat impressed. Next time will get someone to go with me.

05-26-2010
Submitted by: Lynn

I bought this kayak because I have no storage space. I love it! It is easy to inflate (about 30 pumps per side, 20 for the center) and only takes about 10-15 minutes to set up. I can carry it myself just fine! It fits in the trunk of my car easily.

Paddling - it handles well and steers fine. Not tippy. I was only concerned about "blowing out to sea" after reading other reviews - do not blow around that easily. Compared to the Marvel 10' (which I really wanted but can't handle myself)- it's just a little more work paddling, but not that much. Got the deluxe package - seat is very comfortable. Highly recommend this to people with storage issues!

09-21-2009
Submitted by: JKSend Email

I recently bought a Sea Eagle 330 and I like it a lot. It handles and tracks much better than I expected it to. The portability is also a big plus. My only concern is that someone told me that they had one and stored it to find out it disintegrated. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

09-04-2009
Submitted by: MichaelSend Email

Just took our second trip on our 330. We love it. We called it the paddle pillow. We watched the sun set in the gulf off Long Boat Key, Florida and saw dolphins jump. The boat flexes with the swells of the water which makes for a smooth and pleasant ride. Not to mention the comfort of the "air mattress" feel. It is such a nice place to sit. Our other trip was on a lake and it moved nicely through the calm water.
We paid $200.00 with shipping for ours on Amazon, Yes, It was new. I say buy one if you want to have fun.

08-20-2009
Submitted by: Sully KSend Email

Good for value. Doesn't have the best tracking on flatwater unless used with 2 people,doesn't bail that quick, for whitewater use it is best used without seat for added stability. Good kayak, would buy again. Also I don't care what anyone else says but these are bullet proof. I paddled a total of around 100 miles in this kayak over rocks, trees, twigs and the ground. No holes at all.

I hit the river about 1-2 times a month and this kayak never lets me down. Also I can fit 2 boats with all accessories in the small trunk of my rx8 that also has a large sub box in it. E-mail me if you have any questions.

06-25-2008

We like our Sea Eagle 330.
But before you buy, check into local water restrictions... in So. Cal. the lifeguards will shut you down in a heartbeat... no inflatables of any sort are allowed on the ocean down here!!

10-31-2007

I took my Sea Eagle 330 out today for the first time. It was also my first time paddling.
First the bad points:
Inflating the 330 was quick, but the valves for the spray skirts and seats left much to be desired. I don't understand why the one-way valve design for the hull couldn't be used for the seats and skirts instead of the pool toy design that is used.

I would recommend upgrading to the deluxe seats as the standard ones do not offer back support. Having read previous reviews, I set my seats back to back. This seemed to help a little, but not much.

The next negative was that the built in skegs were warped to the left of the kayak. This was easily compensated for when paddling, but still an annoyance.

The only other bad point I had was that there are no bungees. The skirts make a nice place to strap an extra paddle, or a small bag if needed...if you have straps.The included paddles seemed too short to me. Having never paddled before the issue could have been me, but the paddles just seemed like they should have been longer. As mentioned before a strong wind will cause the 330 to weathercock. Fortunately though this seemed easily correctable.

Now for the good points:
Despite the warp in the skegs the 330 tracked pretty darn straight. Other than a lapse in my technique the 330 moved in as close to a straight line as one could expect, especially considering hull design.

Another thing I liked was the amount of room. While not enough for two full sized adults, I found it to be quite adequate for my 5'6" frame. After using some tie-down straps around where the skirts attach, I was able to secure a spare paddle up front, and a small water proof bag in back. There is easily enough room to pack gear for a short overnight/weekend trip if a person is small like me.

The 330 seemed a bit tippy getting in/out, but once out on the water felt stable. I gave the 330 the rating I did because I have nothing to compare it to as it is the first craft I have paddled. It performed as I was expecting it to, didn't seem to have any limitations I wasn't already informed of, and over all is a fun little craft for someone like me who isn't able to get out often or for very long.

08-20-2007
Submitted by: JeffSend Email

I have made one 23 mile trip down the Yellowstone river with the SE 330. It was a great boat I plan on using it for several years until I get into the sport more to upgrade.

Just a few minor problems I had in case you are looking to buy one. I am 6'2" 220lbs so some of the problems have to do with my size. In shallow water, when I went over rocks at a slower speed, I got stuck and had to get out to move the boat to deeper water. I know more of this has to with the the fact that my rear sits in the water a little lower than others might so I have to deal with it.

I only used one seat and when I centered it in the boat, it kept slipping to the back of the boat. I had to use the air pump and a hand held water cooler to wedge in between the seat and the end of the boat. When I did this, it was a very comfortable ride and my back didn't get sore even after 7 hours. I am going to buy something to use as a wedge otherwise the seat will keep moving.

The other thing I didn't like is that there isn't any rope on the sides so you can tie down your gear. I ran a rope around and made my own to clip my stuff to. It works good. For a guy my size, I had enough room for a cooler of beer between my legs and some food and my other stuff clipped in front of my feet. Not a problem for a day trip but maybe to small of a boat for an overnight trip. When I do take it on an overnight trip, I plan on sleeping in the boat, its that comfortable.

This boat is very easy to turn and paddle. Yes, you have to steer it to keep it straight, but thats what I bought it for, a workout. I went through some class 2s and I never had a problem, and it was a very fun ride. I didn't even take the bailing plug out and I hardly got any water in the boat except when I tried to get out after a few too many Buds... but that's my fault.

If you're looking to get started like I am, this is a very good boat to start with. $350 to your door, 10 minutes to pump it up and another 10 to load you stuff and you are ready to go. I will update after some more trips, but it was a good start.

06-02-2007
Submitted by: geosurSend Email

I've owned my SeaEagle for 6 years now. It is almost impossible to sink or tip it. It goes over most everything except sharp sticks in the creeks. It recommend it for deep water where there are no threat of sharp objects in the water. In the 6 years, I have had one hole I was able to patch and going again in 15 minutes.
The last trip did it in. Took 2 sticks to the bottom and side. Not repairable this time. Not good for storage. Simply a day tripper. Turn quick, but does glide well. Must paddle hard and continuously.

03-19-2007
Submitted by: JimmySend Email

We purchased the Sea Eagle 330 some time ago but this past weekend was the first chance we had to take it for a spin. We own property on the Suwannee River near Live Oak Florida. Having never read the instructions, the set up took about 15 minutes. After we got back into town I watched the DVD. Seems I did everything correct. I had no idea what to expect but we had the time of our lives. It handled smoothly and stayed pretty much on course. Deflating was easy and even getting everything to fit inside the travel bag was no problem at all. We had so much fun were taking it back out this weekend. Thanks for a great product.

01-22-2007

Came with 2 "delux" seats and 2 paddles. Took it out on Jordan Lake - a large reservoir in central North Carolina. The first problems I noticed is that there is no strapping to fix the seat position - it just kind of sits in the boats bottom. This in combination with the fact that there are no foot pegs means you have no way to brace your back or your feet. The consequence is that leg and back fatigue are almost immediate. The supplied paddles are very heavy - probably 5+ pounds so add on arm fatigue. Next problem - it blows around like an out of control sailboat in a light lake-breeze. Paddling away from the boat-ramp I noticed that I was barely matching the force of the wind with my paddle strokes.

Now for the big problems: Undiscouraged I planned a tandem paddle with my brother on the nearby Eno River for the next weekend. Our run on the Eno offers up to class 2 whitewater and the SE 330 is rated for up to class 3 (laughs). Immediatley following put-in we capsize. The boat is extremely tippy and unstable, even with its wide beam. I can't fathom why the boat is supplied with 2 seats because its way too crowded for 2 people - leg positioning was a nightmare. Anyways... determined to have a good time on the water that day we set off in the cramped boat, jerking this way and that to keep the thing from tipping again. Lo and behold the second set of riffles appear and the boat bottoms out. OK - no problem to make a short portage. As we get underway again in deeper waters however, brother comments that the boat appears to be sinking in the back. I chuckled and said, "no it can't be." After all the Sea Eagle is made for class 3 so some small riffles should hardly pose a problem. A few moments later Brother chimes in again: "No. Its definately sinking" We ground the boat on the riverbank and flip it upside down. My heart sank at what I saw - One of the tracking skegs that are built into the bottom of the boat had apparantly caught on a rock and ripped right along the seam. A 3 inch gaping hole in the bottom air-chamber was the result. I deemed the craft unfit to carry us to the take-out (with the combined weight of us it was about 1 inch from getting swamped). We carried the crippled boat up the bank and found an old abandoned log cabin. From the look of the empty beer cans on the floor it looked like it had been the early '80s since anyone had been there. We stored the boat in there and gathered what we could carry. What followed was a 2 mile hike over extremely rough terrain - steep gulleys and rock bluffs. We barely made it back to the put-in before sunset, all the while cursing Sea Eagle.

About 2 months later my girl and I went back there and found it in the old cabin, undisturbed. We carried it out of there (good thing my girl is tough!). I Packed it up in the box and returned it as defective for a full refund. Ive learned a lot about boats and paddling since then and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Pamlico 120 by Wilderness Systems next. All things considered I highly disrecommend the SE 330 and I would be wary of any Sea Eagle products. That boat was merely an over-priced pool toy! Don't be like me and get caught up in thier clever marketing. Its not worth it dude, just don't do it. Save your bucks and get the hardshell.

01-08-2007
Submitted by: TerrySend Email

We recently purchased our 330 as a Christmas present to ourselves. Took it out for 2 hrs on a test run and can not be happier with it. Amazing stability and ease of paddling with two of us plus our dog in it. We opted for the 8' paddles and are glad we did as the reach was just right with them and we feel the std 7' backpack versions may be a bit too short. The kayak tracked very good with the two of us in it on the flatwater lake we were on. I gave it a spin by myself and after a bit of getting used to it, it preformed fine, it does take a few trys to shake the desire to paddle it like a canoe! That is all I have ever owned, and the kayak is a different animal in how you paddle it. Overall its a huge hit and we can't wait to get back out in it. Setup was a snap and breakdown even faster. Would recommend it in a heartbeat for those looking for an all around rec boat thats capable of much much more.

11-13-2006
Submitted by: R LeeSend Email

I bought an SE330 kayak about 2 months ago. I purchased it because I RV a lot and couldnít carry a hardshell on the roof. First, the good points. It is just as easy and quick to set up as the company says. It does get along pretty well for an inflatable but it weathercocks rather bad in even a fairly light wind. All in all though, I am not too disappointed in the performance, ( but I have to say that with two average sized adults, it is very cramped). Now the really bad points. I have been very very careful with this boat and have only paddled in protected flatwater. In the two months that I have owned it, it has punctured once and now one of the valves has started leaking. Believe me, it is no fun to get a half mile out and have to race back while watching one side of your boat get floppy. It might be rated for class III water but you wouldnít find me trusting it that far. I called the company to request a replacement valve (which they willingly did) and while I had them on the line I told them about how disappointed I was in my purchase and that if it had been within the 30 day trial period, I would be sending it back to them. The person I spoke with was not rude but their lack of concern was palpable.

All in all, my advice to anyone thinking about buying this boat is to make sure that it is what you want before you get to the end of your 30 day trial period. I am fairly new to kayaking and felt this was a good entry level boat for me. Iím already wanting to upgrade to something with a bit more performance (even if the boat had been trouble free). If you just want a boat that saves space and you just want to go out for an occasional paddle on calm water, it might be fine for you. If you are thinking about getting serious about kayaking, look into the foldables or a hardshell.

04-27-2006

Just bought the SE 330 to supplement my 2 other hardshells. I needed it as I was going on a sailing trip in the Bahamas and there was no room for a hardshell. It's not a bad boat for an inflatable. Hard too believe it hold 500 lbs but that's the rating. I went solo and fit in nicely, 2 persons would be very tought though. (albeit, I'm 6'5")

The dinky inflatable seats are better than I expected and keep your butt dry. so I would use them. And you can pack some stuff behind the seat to keep your leg room free.

Paddling in a wind it a tad tough but I assume this is common with any inflatable or high sitting boat. Tracking also was a little iffy. The 'lil skegs don't seem to do a lot, mind you it could be a lot worse without them.

The 4 piece paddles that come with it are not much good but will serve as handy emergency paddles for my hardshells! I took my 2 piece asymetrical 240cm aquasport and it worked much better.

Inflating and deflating worked very well. The vavles work well and the pump is pretty fast.

My boatmate had a 395SE and my lil boat had a higher capacity than his but the 395 took 2 paddlers much better.

Not much else to say about it. I bought the used hull from Sea Eagle for US$200 and think I got a good deal amd am happy with the convenience it gives me.

I would recommend the 330 to someone to supplement their boating experience but not to be all of it!

09-19-2005
Submitted by: jrSend Email

Bought a used sea eagle 330, came in 2 boxes. Paid about $90.00 for shipping, I live in Hawai'i. No instructions on how much to inflate, called salespeople for answers, they vaguely knew what they were talking about. Decent product for the money, but there are better kayaks out there (Sevylor, Innova). Not satisfied at all. All because of what they don't know about their own products!

05-22-2005
Submitted by: srikanth SyamsundarSend Email

I tried the Sea Eagle 330 in Lake George.

Setup was not bad -- but I couldnít get the seat into the kayak ..I am not sure if I have to inflate the seat or the kayak first ... the instructional video shows inflating the kayak First.. I am not too sure. Secondly the inflation pressure is big guessing game. The inflation template that came with the kayak clearly has a problem as the circular reference showed under-inflation while the linear scale showed over-inflation. I had no help, and just used the 3/4 inch depression thumb rule as suggested by the instructional video.

In the waters .. despite the skegs, the tracking was lousy ( Compared to hardshells I am used to). I bought this inflatable due to space and budget constrains. I found that I had to compensate every other stroke - it was quite frustrating actually.. to make things worse, the kayak listed about couple degree to the port side even though both the port and the starboard tubes were inflated to roughly the same amount.

I tried the kayak out on the 31st day after purchase .. So I canít return it.. If you but it ...TRY IT and make use of their return policy.

08-04-2004

The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages of this IK. First of all, the price is right for a "starter" boat. It is easy to store (boat and all accessories fit inside a surplus army duffle bag) and you can throw it in the trunk of your car on a whim and take it paddling whenever, wherever you want to go. It only takes 10-15 minutes of mininal effort to get it into the water or back into the trunk of your car. It is more maneuverable than a canoe. It is also more pliable than a canoe which gives it a "softer", less tipsy ride in rough water.

The skin material seems durable. The skin on mine has been abraded and poked and has held up well. One problem with a leaky air valve cover was solved quickly and hassle-free over the phone.

On the down side, you can really get pushed around on open water on a windy day. There is also a slight learning curve involved if you want to travel in a straight line. The skegs that are supposed to help the SeaEagle track straighter will drag bottom in places where a canoe will not.

The bottom line on the 330 is that it is a great little starter boat. I have a lot of fun in mine. Some day I will trade up to one of the bigger SeaEagles, but for now this one is a keeper.

07-26-2004

Not at all happy with this kayak. Had a leak around a valve right out of the box. I'm 5'8" and in the seat I was too high, without it I was too low. First ride was by myself, drifted all over the place. Got pushed around by a very light breeze. Secound trip was on a calm lake with my wife. Very cramped. Kept hitting my knees and if we got out of synch at all we struck paddles. Would never consider this in moving water. As soon as I can get it back in the box it is being returned. Only plus is ease and speed of set up.

06-29-2004
Submitted by: Mark

I purchased an older (probably 10+ years), used Sea Eagle 330 for $70 and couldn't be happier. It's great for the flat water here in Foster City, CA and much more stable than I expected. Storage and transport are a breeze.

I'm planning to add skegs and perhaps a nicer seat. The Sea Eagle 330 does catch ride high and thus catches breezes, however, I assume that this is common to most inflatables.

09-08-2003

Really enjoy this boat - easy to inflate/deflate, and the "ride" is very smooth...also, very stable - had a close encounter with an idiot on a SeeDoo who created quite a large and unexpected wake - 330 rode it nice and soft...I recommend this boat!

09-03-2003

I liked my 330 very well - I could get it inflated in about 10 minutes & it was very stable - I ran it thru class 2 rapids regularly & class 3 the Lower Saluda (Mill Race Rapid) on occasion - however trying mill race at 9000 cfs killed it graveyard dead (didn't do me much good either) - I especially would recommend it for those seeking a minimum entry level boat - for not so much $$ you can find out if the sport is your cup - I never had problems with punctures (except for that last run) but had to repair seams several times due to over inflation from sun heat.

12-04-2002
Submitted by: JackDSend Email

If I had tried the Seaeagle beforehand, I would never have bought it. It is difficult to paddle because you sit too low in the boat & it yaws with every stroke. Even with the Deluxe seat the back is not high enough & very uncomfortable. With a little spray you will be sitting in a puddle. The 4-piece paddle shaft have sharp edges which cut holes through the boat & the storage bag when I checked it on an airplane. Enough! I now paddle a hard shell Dagger Zydeco.

08-15-2002

I ordered this kayak at the end of june. Friendly online customer services, shipping is extremely fast even to Canada. Loaded with bonus - got a free baseball cap, jacket, already built-in twin skegs, and 39USD worth of accessories of your choosing. I went for the basic package, on hindsight - I should have got the deluxe package with the 8ft paddles. The 7ft one is a little too short for a boat this wide. And it comes with 30 days on water trial, 3 yrs warranty - can't go wrong with that.

Got the first chance to try it this week. Thanks to the extra large footpump - inflating the whole boat was under 10mins; which is probably faster, and definitely easier than to untie and unload my fiberglass boat off the top of my car. A note on inflation, it has an inflation guage on the boat - I feel like over inflating just a little bit. Reason being after inflating on hot dry ground, and paddling is cool water, the boat tended to "soften" a bit.

First try was in Lake Simcoe (Ontario Canada) - calm, flat water... It didn't track too well. But after a short while of getting use to, it's easy to compensate. I went solo, so I wonder if the added weight of the 2nd person would make the boat more stable?! That I will find out another time. The inflatable seat was ok, not exactly comfortable. However, I recommend to keep it fully inflated - when water comes in, it will keep your pants dry.

Second try was also Lake Simcoe but right before a rain storm - so the water was considerably rougher. I found that it tracked better. It had a "softer ride" in the wavey water than rigids. But it's still very easy to manuveur. By the way, I tried to tip over the boat - which was not as easy to do as the rigid boats. Which might be a good thing if you have little kids or young paddlers onboard.

Deflating the boat was just as easy: just unscrew the three main valves and the boat flaten in a minute or two. The drain valve at the back came very useful to drain off the water in the boat, especially after the second day's stormy water ride. It's a little tricky to put away since the skegs are glued on. I keep the come with foam protectors on so it won't get bent. The factory's carrying bag is big enough to carry the boat, paddles, pump and everything else in there. If the bag comes with handles and straps would be even better.

Originally I intended to bring this to camping. Though it rates to carry 500lbs, it doesn't have that much room for 2 people plus gear. Unless you go very light on the gears, and bring a small kid. For single person however, you should have ample of room. This boat is low as a kayak but open like a canoe, you should use waterproof bags to keep your belongings dry.

07-19-2002

I tried the 330 because it offered a lot for the price, and the company has a very fair return poilcy (full refund except for shipping) which they honored. Unfortunately the 330 did not perform well in the bay where I live; I was tired after 50 yards of paddling in 1 -2 foot swells. The boat did track well, but I found it unstable and cramped for a large framed individual. I would recommend it highly as a fun boat for calm waters if you are not in any hurry. It also inflates and sets up very quickly and easily.

02-19-2001
Submitted by: ValSend Email

I am just about to deep-six my old Sea Eagle 330 after about 15 years of regular use, and I'll sorely miss it. I used it mostly for paddling around quiet salt creeks and marshes with my two Labs. Only once in all that time did they manage to rock the boat enough to dump me out! The big pluses: lightweight, extremely stable, easy to transport & store, inflates by footpump in a few minutes. Also relatively inexpensive, especially back when I bought mine. The few minuses: susceptible to blowing in the wind, not very roomy, usually wet (always wet with two large, wet dogs in it), very wet and crowded with two adults and two large dogs in it, and puncturable. An old repaired puncture that just won't stay repaired is the cause of my canoe's demise.

09-13-2000

We bought a 330 and tried it once. Although light-weight and easy to pack, we found the floor setup conspired against any sort of moderate speed at all. When the front/bottom digs in, the boat wants to swap ends big time. A skag kit might help. We also found the 33 mil Polykrylar material to be a bit light and had concerns about stumps, sticks, and rocks, although I suspect it is stronger than we give it credit for. The limits on inflation made the boat seem "mushy", and as my wife is disabled, this caused problems with her moving around. The boat in general seemed a bit small for us. We traded the 330 in for a 380X, and are much happier with this boat. The 330 is a good boat if you don't need a lot. If just starting out in the inflatable world, go for the package deals that include a pump, paddles, seat, etc. Otherwise, spring the extra green for the 380X, and the smile-o-meter will be red-lined all the time. SeaEagle is a great company to do business with. I can highly recommend their products.

05-09-2000
Submitted by: DannySend Email

If you are a broke ass just out off college loser like me who wants to enjoy throwing a canoe on the lake or the river on the weekend, this sea eagle works great. I bought mine last year, and I have dragged this thing as far as my old Toyota will take me. I have not had it on class 3 rapids like the catalog says it is capable of, but I believe it could, its very stable, I can actually stand up in it. I guess its because all the buoyancy is on the side or something, I donít know for sure, I am sort of a dumbass when it comes to stuff like that. Hey, the thing works damn good, and if you live in a dive like I do, and you look silly as hell trying to cram a canoe that is bigger than the hell hole you live in, well this sea eagle will do the trick. Get a good air pump that plugs in your cars power point (hey, they donít call 'em cigarette lighters anymore) because it takes about a half an hour to fill this bastard up by hand... err foot I mean. It says you can throw it in a back pack, but I donít know if thatís true, I cant afford a back pack. If I ever get the coin for a fancy backpack I will try and let you know how it goes. If you are into that sort of thing. Seagle has a nice website too, you can go there and chat with the customer service people that work there, I harassed them for a while and they thought I was zany or something. Over all, a fine product though. I recommend it.