Submitted: 03-27-2006 by B. Hunt

This was my first boat, and I bought it used 4 years ago for $450, inc. a skirt. Overall, a very good all-around boat, esp for a first boat. Durable, very good storage, nice stability, easy to paddle. I learned my self-rescues and paddling techniques with the Calabria. The only knocks I can give it is it doesn't track well at all--regardless of wind conditions, it constantly wants to turn one way or another. I'm sure a rudder would help this. Also, the seat is not comfortable and becomes very fatiguing within an hour. Perhaps the newer versions have a better seat, but mine is not satisfactory. Also, I don't know if other plastic boats do this, but if I leave it on my Subaru's roof rack for any length of time (esp in the sun), the bottom of the boat caves in--it doesn't maintain its shape, and has to be pushed out again. Perhaps the plastic is just tired and fatigued--I have to be careful with it. But for $450, I really can't complain.