Submitted: 03-24-2006 by TOM

I purchased a Kingfish a few months ago & have had it out more than a dozen times so far. I like it myself, that is for the money spent I feel that I have already got my money's worth.

I have been on plenty of trips in other Yak's, some high ender's and some low. It's not to be compared against a Yak that cost 1000.00 +, but rather other Yak's in the 450.00 or less catagory. For what you get (options/rigging) for the cost its a winner in my book.

I find it easy to tote/lift, lots of room for gear and lots of space to move around in. I especially find it easy to get in and out of. Being that I fish more than tour, and need to get out and stretch or wade often. I find this a big bonus seeing as I have seen some other Yak'ers fall or slip while getting in or out sometimes.

As for performance, its not the fastest in the world, but who cares when your fishing!! (Thats whats its designed for) For stability A++, Tracking is ok. The water does not collect like in other S.O.T. 's that I have seen. The drains are nicely placed. The seat is ok, could be better, but for the money its just fine, I personally put HD velcro under the seat to prevent slipping forward, as well as a Skwoosh pad for confort. I can Yak all day and with little to no fatigue.

So to sum it all up, for someone that is looking to fish from a Yak, and be on the water for less than 500$ this is a worry free purchase. Yes there are better Yak's out there for more money. In my opion though, the FISH CAN"T TELL!!!

Backwater Paddle Company: