Submitted: 03-22-2006 by fufanu

I first purchased a Wilderness systems Pungo 14' Thinking I could at least get my small dog into and later get one for my wife and baby on the way. Short story was no way the dog and I could fit into the Pungo, so I decided on a tandom. I was originally going to go with a Wilderness systems Pamlico 13'5 or 14'5 tandom, that is until I saw the Acadia 2 It seemed to be in between the two W.S. tandems plus it was built much sturdier. Finally getting it out on the water, it tracked better than the Pungo and I thought it was faster as well. I've had it out by myself, with the Dog and With me, my Wife and the Dog. It performed well in all scenarios. I'm going camping soon and it will be great to carry all the gear plus the Dog. I haven't had it on any rivers, but with the hull design it looks like it would be good up to class 2. Only problem I have is the weight. I bought a kayak cart and it's no big deal. I would definetly recommend this boat.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: