Submitted: 03-22-2006 by matt

The reason for my post is to help give people a better idea on how the Force range fits. I have had the pleasure to paddle both sizes, well at least the two that fit me, last week as Danny from Impex Kayaks was out paddling in York Maine. I am 6'0" but have an athletic build from years of running and mountain biking. Although I thought the Cat.4 would be the better fit for me the Cat.5 gave me much more comfort for my legs. I paddle a Currituck now and feel I am a little too tight in that but not quite big enough for the Assateague. The Force Cat.5 gave me ample leg room while not having so much volume that it stopped me from laying back in the cockpit. The higher deck allowed me to keep my legs in a comfortable position even though the width is more narrow than my Currituck. I have to be a bit more aggressive to get the longer Force to come around in the surf but it still works great for me and the comfort level is a huge plus. I usually spend 3-4 hours paddling and the Force is a really comfortable fit for me.