Submitted: 03-21-2006 by LRC

I bought the Castaway last month. It's a bit heavy, but that is offset by the HD constuction. I've been out several times in the Bay and three days at Toledo Bend. First the positives: Good price, nice foot pegs, better than average stability, takes swells from big cargo ships in the Houston ship channel! For me it tracks very well. I went several miles in Toledo Bend with and against a white-capping chop and kept it straight as an arrow. Easy to fish or even troll with. Plenty of storage. Takes waves better than my 15' aluminum motor boat. Now for the negatives: A bid heavy. Drain holes need enlarging. Rod holder mounted too far up. Needs drain holes under the seat. Your rearend might get wet, so wear shorts and store your wallet elsewhere.

Overall, lots of fun to be in. Ten easy relaxing strokes of the paddle and you can coast half a football field. I can take this thing out 10 miles with no problem. I have crossed the reservoir. I do wish it was bright orange or something other than green because I want bigger vessels to be aware of my presence. I can't imagine not been pleased with this rig when considering the price. If the above negative issues were addressed, this would be the tops!