Submitted: 03-08-2006 by doubledipper
I waited a couple of months to post this in order to paddle the boat in various conditons. Overall, this is a real good looking boat that is very comfortable to sit in and fits me pretty well. I am 5'11' and 215 pounds. I do need to add a little padding on the sides of the seat to hold me in a little better for sculling and rolling. It has all of the modern Brit boat features and looks. Retractable skeg, reflective deck lines, 3 bulkheads, a day hatch and those wonderfullly dry VCP oval hatches. I told myself this is my play boat as it is 2 inches narrower and 10 inches longer than my other kayak. It is a large boat for larger paddlers but it is very capable in the hands of a skilled paddler. It is easy to paddle fast on flat water, but it has a tendency to weathcock or turn into the wind when it is rough. The skeg is a big help here. Mine is of the standard glass lay up. There are a few little nits that forbade a perfect score of 10, but none of them impact the ability of the boat to perform better than expectations.