Submitted: 03-07-2006 by Patrick Stoneking

I purchased a 160T last year to paddle with my 2 year old son. Although I have several other canoes and kayaks, I didnít feel comfortable taking him out in a tandem canoe until he learns to sit still. This kayak was perfect for the purpose. Extremely stable, easily paddled without a rudder from the back seat, and, best of all, close to the water. I bought him a kids kayak paddle from Bending Branches and he loves to help paddle (and play in the water). Perfect.

The kayak is quite heavy but I expected Royalex to be. I drive a 4x4 Suburban but have no trouble getting the boat on the roof after 20 years of practice with other boats. However, if I needed to carry the boat long distances I would definitely get a cart. The boat is near indestructible and should serve me well basically forever.

I canít wait to take my younger son, who will be 2 years old in June, out for his first paddle! His (now) 3 year old brother wants to show him what itís all about.