Submitted: 03-06-2006 by Shawman

I recently purchased this boat which was on sale at Gander Mountain in Houston for $384.00. Retail is $449 so I felt it was a good deal. It is on the heavy side, but it is also much thicker and rigid than most, especially the Mainstream Kingfisher (399.99) and Ocean Kayak Scrambler (499.99) which are both in the entry level fishing kayak category. The paddle that comes with it is fine as a backup paddle, but I suggest buying a good quality primary paddle for primary use. The tracking on this boat is no more of an issue than others of the same approximate length, and as long as the hatches are on tightly, you won't get any noticeable water inside, (or lose your camera as an earlier reviewer supposedly did) even in moderate surf conditions. Overall, the bang for the buck factor I believe is unbeatable for a first sit on top kayak rigged for fishing.