Submitted: 03-06-2006 by Aly

I purchased a Blast about a year ago. Throughout the spring and summer I was able to use it at least a dozen times. The blast is a great boat for the leisure kayaker. It handles great on fairly calm rivers and calm open waters. However, in rougher waters it bounces around a bit. Waves will smash up against the side and can easily fill the hule with water. It's a bit slow and there is some bow movement with each stroke. It rode much better for me in the rougher open waters than for others larger than me (I'm 5'0" 115lbs). However the the weight limit can be pushed and we have pushed it. I did notice that larger people look cramped in the boat. My inlaws each own a blast and a friend of ours purchased one just before christmas after using ours. It's a great boat for the leisure paddler who isn't going to challenge the rougher waters. I have since purchased a Tarpoon 120 and now use that as my primary boat and use the Blast for friends who wish to join us on our outings. My huband owns an older Walden Woods boat (it's incrediable fortunately they are out of businees) that cuts through the rougher waters like butter. However, the Blast is handy because it's a smaller and lighter boat that's easy to transport.