Submitted: 03-01-2006 by jim kerrigan

I own a pair of 120's and a pair of 140's. I bought the 120's first and love them. They fly out of the hole and coast like no other 12' yak on the market. They track extremely well even when lightly loaded and travel without making a sound. The 140's are a little more wind affected until you pack them with gear then they out shine the 120's. I have kept my 120's because every inexperienced guest we take with us has had a great experience in them. They are easy to handle and extremely responsive to accelerate. I would highly recommend the 120 for anyone. The 140 needs to be loaded to deal with the wind issue or paddled by an experienced peddler. My wife at 5'3" and just over a hundred pounds handles her 140 fine. It is her favorite boat. I'm 5'10" 215 and as I said if I load the 140 with camping gear and food the wind issues go away. This capacity for load was the reason I bought the 140's. It should be noted here that frequent trips with my guests have caused me to put a 160i on order.