Submitted: 02-27-2006 by suprzookpr

What's not to love...it is lightweight, reasonably priced, fast, turns on a dime, it's very comfortable (with the new seat back which took me less than 5 minutes to install), its very stable and I easily keep up with and surpass my friends in their 18 and 19 foot kayaks.

I have spent the past 3 months trying sea kayaks (17-18 ft range, fiberglass) probably 10 or so. In the past 2 years, I have bought and sold 10 other kayaks. Not having a lot of success finding one that fits me and that I enjoy ( many I simply outgrew).

A friend reccomended that I try the Epic GP fiberglass. I was so impressed after kayaking for a couple of hours, I came back into the shop and bought one with a minor blem. Thought I'd use it until I find the right sea kayak. Now I'm thinking I don't need to spend the $3000+ for another boat. The 2 or 3x per year, when I go out on the ocean, I'll just rent one. I kayak roughly 6-10 times per month, year round, on mostly flat water.

I agree the stickers are a bit much but its a great boat.

I felt a little silly in the mini kayak, next to my paddlin' friends in their "real" kayaks and there was even some chuckles at my little yak...that was until I was zipping along with them, making quick turns, that they started asking "what the heck is that boat anyway?

Oh, having only had this boat for the past few weeks, I have yet to be out in rough water. I seriously doubt I would take it in the ocean.