Submitted: 02-21-2006 by mamiller
I have owned this boat for about 8 years, though I am still pretty much a beginner (it was my first). I continue to find it fun and exciting, and am nowhere near its equal yet. The comments about it not being for beginners are wrong if the beginners want to paddle for excitement. I put my nephew in it and he struggled for about 15 minutes, and then get the primary stability under control. It is the fastest and most nimble boat I have paddled (though there are many worthy boats I have not paddled). It handles wind and moderately rough conditions very well.

Things to worry about:
In launching into surf, I have had the front hatch blow off completely in a 4 foot swell. Bummer! I got to watch my sandals float away. Glad I was in So Cal and not the North Sea.

The Deck fittings arent (or werent at that time) recessed. When your fingers are cold, striking the deck fitting can be really painful.

Still a fast and fun ride, even new kayakers bond with it when they see how fast they can come up to speed even with lousy form.