Submitted: 02-15-2006 by antiqfreq
he Morningstar is our first canoe so I don't have much to compare it to other than the rentals we have been getting for about 2 years now. We wanted something that made me feel stable while in the water. I am not the greatest of swimmers so I have a little water fear. We canoe mainly small rivers and streams. Living in South Florida we have experienced some really beautiful rivers in our state so far and I have to say that I am completely satisfied to this point with this canoe. We do paddle only tandem, taking along our small dog who is well behaved while with us on our journey. I don't feel the least bit uncomfortable entering/exiting the canoe or while paddling. My husband is very patient with me with his instructions as I am new to using the bent shaft paddles. Which, by the way, seem to cut our effort in half when paddling in waters where we may be against the current. And even if we aren't these paddles are effortless. So far we love our canoe and don't feel it is tippy, or unstable at all. If we have winds it doesn't seem to be pushed around very much at all. We have the 58 lb Royalex model. It is a 10 as far as I am concerned!