Submitted: 02-15-2006 by Victor G

This is my third year with Innova (Gumotex) Sunny. Because this kayak is so easy to carry in a car, I have been paddling at least twice a week. Now I schedule all of my appointments in any lake or a bay areas, so either before or after there is at least 90 min segment for paddling. Finally, I got a bug to try real kayaks: composite and plastic hardshells, and high end foldables. I have tried Feathercraft Kanuna (very well engineered and gracious boat), QCC q500x (this a beauty of a boat, it glides like a swan). Than after each ride I would ride Sunny, and every time I prefer it to so called "real" kayaks. Sunny is not slower that Kahuna, and not much slower that Q500X, it is more stable than either, more portable and takes about 10 min to get it from the car to the water. It is much faster than Feathercraft and almost to par with QCC; the most comfortable, and in the summer the coolest. Decision: I'm sticking with Innova Sunny.

During the last year I purchased to great additions to my Sunny: full size Spirit Sail, and K-pump model 200. The sail works only down wind, so I paddle up wind for few miles -- excellent exercise; then set the sail and glide back. With the winds in excess of 15 mi/h, Sunny with Spirit Sail simply flies -- fun!

K-Pump M200, cut my inflation time from 7min, to sub 4 min. Previously I used Bravo 6 Double Action Hand Pump also an excellent pump. However, K-pump is faster, requires less force, keeps operator upright to prevent any back pain.

I was lucky to buy Sunny, because after over two years of use and my exposure to other kayaks, I still would choose it. The only improvement I would suggest is to put valves for seats.