Submitted: 02-06-2006 by Greer

I have two Kleppers Aerius Doubles (EXP), both purchased used. I find they go together quickly, are stable, and easy to paddle. One is 25 years old and the other about 20 yrs old. I have using them for about 7 years. I have not had to replace anything or do any major repairs so far. I did have to bend back a metal fitting that was tweeked during a flight to the US from overseas. I do need to varnish the older Kleeper's wood as some varnish has worn off in parts due to heavy use. The heavy hulls are nice, but if know that you are not going where they will get too abused, perhaps consider the standard model. It is less expensive, and weighs a bit less (extra luggage fees). I do like the paddle parks (EXP) and the keel strips, but you can add that to the regular Aerius. Take your time setting them up the first few outtings. After that it becomes second nature, and they go together quickly.

When is is cold out it is nice having the wood frame!