Submitted: 02-06-2006 by theyakfisher

Ordered my Sportsrig Deluxe Nov. 9 with an anticipated delivery time of 8-10 weeks. It shipped Jan. 31 and I received it on Feb. 3 so the previous poster was correct in that you must be willing to wait for one. That being said, I assembled it in my driveway in between rain showers in less than a day. With plenty of space, it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. I did find some filing necessary for some of the bolt holes and I recommend a would-be assembler have a 3/8-16 tap handy for the load bar threads. The lights worked fine after I ran an extra ground wire.

It tows behind my Toyota Corolla like a dream in town (haven't hit the highway yet) with a large tandem kayak attached (18'6" and about 90 pounds).

I did a lot of research before I made my decision and even now haven't found a comparable product. The Rack and Roll trailer doesn't have the ability to fold and store as the Sportsrig nor does it have the options available such as the extra set of load bars on top. My Sportsrig Deluxe with the "B" tongue extension, spare wheel, cargo platforms, upper rack, and extension tail light plus shipping to NC was about $2300. Rack and Roll quoted me about $2000 for what compared to Sportsrig's Basic model so it was a no-brainer.

I'm thrilled with my trailer. It is exactly what I had hoped for. Tows like a dream! However if I have any issues with longevity, I'll post again.

If you're considering one, and the price doesn't scare you, go for it!