Submitted: 01-31-2006 by wjlatsha
I am an experienced Beginner, or Intermediate paddler, whichever you might call me. I am a big guy, and weigh 270 Lb. I have canoed for many years, and kayaked for over 4 seasons. My main kayak is a composite, Impex, 18' X 22.5" wide "Assateague". I use this kayak on larger bodies of water.

I wanted a smaller poly kayak, to use over the winter, and on the local creeks, as I won't take my Assateague in rocky creeks. I wanted an inexpensive "play boat" to do class 1 white water with the local kayak club, and for on small lakes.

I found this to be a downright FUN little kayak! I can see there was a lot of thought put into it's design. It has a Swede form hull, to help it be a little faster for it's width, and the width is enough to give it great initial stability (Compared to my Assateague). It has sort of a fin at the rear to help with straight tracking also. Plus it has a hard chined hull to help maneuverability. I can paddle it as straight as a line as I want, but lean the boat on it's side a bit and it will turn a tight little corner. Plus the seat is really comfortable!

On new year's day, I did a section of the local Creek with the white water group of our club, and it did real well. We did mild class 1 rapids, and I had a blast. I never felt like I didn't have control of the situatuion in this little boat.

If you are looking for an inexpensive little kayak, to have a lot of fun in, check out the Emotion Edge. I believe it will be fun to whoever paddles it.