Submitted: 01-27-2006 by beng

I bought a Packer for my wife (5'2") who had trouble controlling my Rendezvous. She enjoys how controllable, efficient, and stable it is. Ours is a fiberglass model and is stiff and tough. We really like it. For getting a good work out and going fast it works really well with a kayak paddle.

The width at the widest point is approximately 29 1/2" and the waterline width is about 28". (Included because the catalog doesn't mention these measurements.) I can paddle about 3 strokes per side before switching. With a little effort you can make this boat travel straight or you can maneuver as much as you like.

The Packer can handle a variety of paddlers. My 8 year old child has fun in it, even my 230 lb brother enjoys paddling it. Often my wife will put one 50 to 70 lb child in the bow and one in the stern. Wind does not affect it much. This boat is easy to handle both in and out of the water.