Submitted: 01-18-2006 by mittleman

I spent a lot of time researching kayaks and found paddling.net a valuable resource. I looked at many boats, but decided on the pungo 12 when viewing it at REI. It was the most confortable boat for me when sitting in it from the show room. I have a Jack Russell Terrier who goes everywhere with us, and decided there would be room for her also. Since purchasing my "yellow banana" we have been out every weekend. It's a great boat, tracks well and like all the reviewers state, it is very comfortable. We could cruise all day long in this boat at any speed and enjoy every minute without any discomfort. My new pungo is a pretty boat with a nice open cockpit, and great for photography when my puppy is in our other boat...It holds lots of gear, and I may need to get a skirt at some point in the future if taking it on bays or rough water, due to the low bow which could take on some water if there are some whitecaps or a large wake from other boats to contend with. This is a perfect boat for me as I am a novice, and one I feel very safe and secure in. My paddling partner has a Pamlico 10 by Wilderness Systems and I believe she will trade up to a Pungo at REI due to its slower speed and fair tracking ability.