Submitted: 01-16-2006 by Ranger Steve

I am a new owner of a T 140 and could not be happier with it. I have been paddling around for a couple of years in a 20 year old OC Scupper I found in the back of our barn. Once I added a rod holder, installed a back rest/ pad and lashed a milk crate on top it worked well enough to convince me this was a good way to fish the Texas coast. I researched and tested every kayak I could get my hands on for a year and I kept coming back to the T140. I am 6'3" 210lb. and the T140 is very comfortable for me, but you don't have to give up the ability to turn in tight places. My first day on the bays with it were naturally cursed with high winds and muddy water, but the boat didn't seem to mind. It cuts through pretty dry, and tracks well in a cross winds. The rigid back rest is much more comfortble and secure than any after market strap on type, and when I want to straddle the back of boat and walk the bay floor while sitting, the back rest folds out of the way easily. It does need scupper plugs in the front if your a big paddler. At my size and weight it takes on 1/2 " of water, but plugs are easy to fabricate this site has many suggestions, (foam golf balls, furniture leg caps.) I don't know about smaller paddlers but for bigger built paddlers this is a hard boat to beat.