Submitted: 01-11-2006 by mkircus

I bought the Kevlar version of this boat in an end of year sale in the Boundary Waters. I needed a tandem that I could carry myself easily. LOL-5'2". I went 16 days to the Boundary Waters with a partner who wasn't as much into paddling as I was so I often paddled it solo, sitting on the center thwart. I was faster in solo then most of the tandem paddlers. It hauled all out gear with room to spare.

I regularly take out non-paddlers and have never had an accidental dump. It is my second Wenonah and I will soon have to buy a third. I love their boats because they are light and VERY easy to paddle fast.

I paddle it on rivers, mostly class 1, big lakes - sometimes in big waves, and in the Bays of the Gulf of Mexico. I have the tractor seats and they allow me to paddle the longest without back strain of any seat I've been in.