Submitted: 01-09-2006 by Kevin

This is my second canoe from Mike Galt the first was a caper which was a fine canoe indeed But I longed for a faster boat and along came a BJX so I snatched it up. As said before this is a long narrow fast canoe with a flared hull. I did not think I would like a flared hull assuming that the gunnels would get in the way of my hit switch paddling technique. Boy was I wrong since the boat is only 271/2 at the gunnels and just gets narrower. This boat really glides and I have no doubt that it will smoke a Magic. The boat was made to kneel and I like the flotation tanks to brace against while leaning. This thing flies upstream and corners like its on rails. With its flared sides the wind has little effect on it. Unfortunatly Mike Galt believed that the seat should be as high as the rails and thats Ok if your 7 feet tall in this boat. It is diffucult to see a way to drop the seat down but I figured out a way and also added a foot brace so I can sit when im not kneeling. Anyone needing info on how to do this is welcome to reply.