Submitted: 01-03-2006 by tagurley
Iíve been floating for over 20 years, mainly in canoes. I current own an Old Town Charles River and I love it, but the Streak is my first kayak. Man why havenít I bought one before now!? I only paid $249 new from Gander Mountain and itís the best money Iíve spent in a while. Iíve done a lot of research on line before purchasing a kayak and this one has all the features I was looking for. This kayak is stable and tracks well for the length and will turn on a dime. Itís also comfortable. Go ahead and buy a skirt even if you donít expect to do white water to keep dry from the paddle dripping. I added a rod holder and a paddle bungee myself. I like the amount of storage it provides and the seat design allows you to get to the storage area behind the seat easily. My first trip out, I put in on the head waters of a local lake and floated down to the lake and back. I was able to quietly sneak up on ducks, turkeys and turtles along the way. I canít wait to try fishing from this rig and I am planning an overnight on the Buffalo River this spring. A LOT OF FUN FOR THE MONEY!