Submitted: 01-02-2006 by boborich
Myriad medical problems, including back problems, limit my kayaking to flatwater/slow rivers. After testing many kayaks at several demo days, I absolutely loved this boat. Its initial stability is outstanding and its ease of paddling and speed is exceptional. I have not had an opportunity since purchase in March of 2005 to make an extended trip, but the hatches are roomy and have stayed dry on daytrips. This kayak maneuvers well with the rudder up or down and tracks well no matter which direction the wind is from. 12 inch waves and boat wakes pose absolutely no problem with this jewel of a boat on rivers or lakes. I have the thermoform version of this boat, and after 9 months, It still looks and handles just like new. I am anxiously awaiting warmer weather to again take to the water in this boat. Definitely a 10 out of 10 on my scale.