Submitted: 12-27-2005 by Craig

I purchased a Loma I for my son, and wanted a double (Loma II) for when we wanted to go tandem. It's a nicely crafted kayak, very roomy, with storage fore and aft. An adjustable seat in the front moves back towards the middle to accommodate a single paddler. Bolt-on grips allow one to "grab & go" without the t-handles commonly used elsewhere. The problem I found with it is the range of adjustability of the seat. It does not go far enough back to allow proper balance in the kayak. The front of the boat dips low in the water, while the back rests high. While paddling, this causes the kayak to track poorly. When I put my son in the front (and me in the back) the weight was properly distributed and it tracked very well with good speed. It's not overly heavy (74lbs), and is very easily transported to the water with two people carrying on each end. I'd recommend this boat for entry level as it's stable and fun to paddle!