Submitted: 12-12-2005 by Dmitri

I wonder what the reviewers who gave it 10 think if they had more to compare with. I think lake camping and probably fishing is Pungo 14's domain.

It is quicker than most recreational bathtubs, as it should be, being 14 ft long. It is not only noticeably slower than any real touring kayak, but the width ( 28 inches vs 22-24 inches for a normal touring 'yak) interferes with paddling if youíre used to a touring kayak and makes you use a longer paddle.

I wouldn't really want to take it out in the ocean because of the huge cockpit, lack of front bulkhead, and I donít like the down-sloping nose.

I gave it a 7 because in my opinion its as good as flat-water rec boats go, but don't go comparing it to a touring kayak in speed. And I donít see it being sea worthy even compared to 14-15 ft rec-touring cross over boats.