Submitted: 12-07-2005 by Snal

I just picked one up used, it's been in the water twice, and I paid $180 for it and a 4 pc paddle. The cockpit reminds me of my friend's Pungo 140, the wife loves the extra room. I haven't had it on the water, but it "looks" like it will be very stable, and should track well. Fit and finish is better than I expected, deck rigging has to go! I'll use existing holes to mount bungie guides and lash points rather than the simple factory rigging. The highback seat is much more comfortable than it looks.

I bought this one simply because it looked like a decent deal, and should make for a good base as a fishing rig. I'd think this would make a very good starter boat for the budget minded. I gave it a 7 now, but I expect that will rise after the first paddle day. In all honesty...if the seller had 2...I'd have bought both at this price each. It screams stability at first glance, and the huge cockpit would also ease the mind of a new kayaker. There's foam bow and stern, but it looks like only enough to keep the boat itself from sinking.

My other boats are...Perception Monarch 15, Necky Looksha Sport w/rudder, and an Old Town Discovery 158 canoe, I'm new to kayaking, been canoeing for 20 years.