Submitted: 11-29-2005 by garcreek

This is a great river touring canoe. It tracks well and is very nimble out on moderate whitewater. For those of you that want an extremely versatile solo canoe, at least for the southeast hill country, this is the boat for you. For those whitewater people that don't want to get a full-on whitewater boat, you will love this boat. I think it is the best all-around solo boat that there is in this length and I would recommend it to anyone.

I had compared it with the Vagabond and the things that I noticed when comparing the two was that the Vagabond had more primary stability, but the Argosy had more secondary stability so I could see why maybe the absolute beginner wouldn't want one based on that. But you are not a beginner forever and you will warm-up to this boat quickly and feel very stable in it. Even stable enough to fish in. It is much also much better on moving water where the best fish are anyway. It was also surprisingly fast for it size. I don't think that is much, if any, slower than the Vagabond. I also loved the fact that it was a couple of inches deeper so that I could fit my feet under the seat while on my knees making it really stable.

I think that if you want to get a really good river boat and really an all-around boat, go with the Argosy and if you want to get a lake and flatwater boat, go with the Vagabond. They are both really good boats and I love Wenonah as a company. They always treat me right and take good care on me. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions as I am still breaking in the boat and will be able to tell you more later.