Submitted: 11-29-2005 by fredsolstice

I've had my Kodiak for about seven years. It's a good boat at a great price. Quality of design, workmanship, and materials is superb. It has carried my six-foot, 250 pound body and several days' worth of gear on a few weekend trips with no problem, but without hatches it is difficult to stow and remove the gear.

The boat assembles easily (about 20 minutes) but I often save the time at the put-in by assembling it at home and car-topping it on my rack outfitted with large, v-shaped saddles. I have since bought a plastic boat, so I don't use the FolBot so much anymore.

My only complaint is that it is very uncomfortable to sit in for any length of time. I put a Thermarest pad in the floor to ease the discomfort of the frame against my calves.

I use it in seawater and am careful to hose it inside and out when I get home. It is still in perfect condition. Tracks like itís on rails and is reasonably swift for a short, beamy boat with a fat guy in it.

My friend has a 40 year old tandem FolBot with wooden frames that we took on some four-day trips together. It is still in great shape. These boats are VERY well made.