Submitted: 11-28-2005 by Fishdog

I also recently purchased the Blast by Victory Kayaks from Dicks Sporting Goods this past Black Friday for the same exact deal. $180.14 including tax for my new yak. I was lucky enough to be one of the early people at the location nearest me to pick one up for that price. I actually have been scouting out a good deal since last January, when my girlfriend and I went on an excursion in the Bahamas that had us kayaking in a dual through the mangroves of that gorgeous island. I absolutely LOVED that experience and kayaking in general. I found out this deal, picked one up and plan on starting my adventures in New Jersey and the tri-state area this spring. For the price I landed this watercraft, I think it's an amazing deal, especially since the model type is almost identical to the Perception Sundance 9.5' that I was eyeing prior to scoping out this deal. A website on here actually informed me that there is basically a few manufacturers who actually mold the boats then sell them to the companies; like Victory, Perception, Old Town, and so forth. Even if that information was wrong, I'm still completely psyched at the mere thought that several months from now I'll be paddling along the Metedoconk River in Jersey in my brand new ride for a very frugal price. I also want to thank you all who posted great, honest reviews of this boat that ultimately led me to follow through with this purchase.