Submitted: 11-27-2005 by franklin
I own a QCC 700. The seat that came with the boat has always made my legs fall asleep. This created a love/hate relationship with a boat I otherwise would be delighted with. The boat became a chore to paddle. Because a lot of my paddles are over twenty miles in distance, I can spend considerable time in the boat. My feet would go to sleep and a week later they would still tingle and were slightly numb (nerve damage I think). I first tried taking out the stock seat and replacing it with a closed cell foam contoured seat. My feet still went to sleep. I then tried a different back band and cut the hip pads off the closed cell seat. My feet still went to sleep but now my big rear end hung over the sides of the seat. I then tried a one inch closed cell sheet of foam to sit on. Still no good.

Asking for help on paddling.net, Patrick at ONNO suggested that I give his seat a try. I did. The quality of the seat is very high. The seat can be bought in fiberglass or carbon. I got mine in fiberglass and Patrick beefed up the sides because I am hard on equipment. The seat is very light weight. It was also easy to install. Patrick's directions were very clear. The seat is dynamic and flexes with your body. It also fit so well I now am more connected to the boat. In larger steep chop on the beam or quarter, my 700 could be a handful. Becoming more connected to the boat (a good thing) has improved my boat's handling and stability greatly (I should have said my handling and stability, it's not my boats fault). The seat is also very comfortable. To date I have about eighty hours in the seat and am delighted. No more numb feet! It has turned my awesome boat back into a boat I enjoy paddling.